If you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:
- To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.
- To know the pain of too much tenderness.
- To be wounded by your own understanding of love; And to bleed willingly and joyfully.
- To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;
- To rest at noon hour and meditate love’s ecstasy;
- To return home at eventide with gratitude;
- To sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise on your lips.
~ Kahlil Gibran
Photo: Pheed Inc